24/01/2018 17:51 AST

Ma’aden Phosphate Co (MPC), a subsidiary of Saudi Arabian Mining Co (Ma’aden), has hired banks to arrange a riyal-denominated sukuk issue, according to documents seen by Reuters, including the sukuk prospectus.

The company, which owns and operates one of the largest phosphate fertiliser plants in the world, plans to launch the deal in the first week of February, depending on investors’ interest.

According to a source close to the matter, the sukuk will be in the 4 billion riyal ($1.1 billion) region.

BNP Paribas Investment Co KSA, HSBC Saudi Arabia and NCB Capital are lead-managing the deal, with NCB coordinating it. The Islamic bonds, with a hybrid mudaraba and murabaha structure, will have a seven-year tenor.

A spokesman at Ma’aden did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

MPC is a joint venture between Ma’aden, which owns 70 percent, and petrochemical producer Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC), which owns the remaining 30 percent.

The company will use the sukuk proceeds for general corporate purposes including repayment of existing sharia-compliant financial obligations.

MPC borrowed $4 billion in project finance facilities in 2010 as part of some $5.5 billion in project costs for its facilities. It repaid around $1 billion between 2013 and 2015, and in early 2016 the company refinanced the existing debt with a $3 billion unsecured Islamic loan.

Its current outstanding debt stands at $2.7 billion, according to a presentation by the company.


Reuters

Saudi Maaden unit seals new loan amendment deal

22/07/2018

Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Maaden) said its subsidiary Maaden Bauxite and Alumina Company (MBAC) has signed an agreement with the Public Investment Fund (PIF) to amend the terms of its existing lo

Trade Arabia

Ma’aden achieves Protect and Sustain Certification from IFA

21/11/2017

The Ma’aden Phosphate Company (MPC), an affiliate of Ma’aden, has been awarded the “Protect and Sustain Certification” from the International Fertilizer Association (IFA). The certificate was present

Saudi Gazette

Zamil Industrial announces 9M 2017 financial results

27/10/2017

Zamil Industrial Investment Company (Zamil Industrial) has announced its consolidated interim financial results for the period ending 30 September 2017.
Revenues for the third quarter of 2017

Press Release

Ticker Price Volume
MAADEN Sector Market
P/E
Price/BookValue
Relative Strength
  • 1-Month
  • 3-Month
  • 1-Year
Volume Change
  • 10D Avg Vs 90D Avg
Price Vs…
  • 52-w high
  • 50-day moving avg.
  • 200-Day Moving Avg
Ticker Price Change
SABIC 123.40 0.20 (0.16%)
YANSAB 72.30 1.10 (1.54%)
SAFCO 64.60 0.40 (0.62%)
KAYAN 17.60 0.10 (0.57%)
NIC 20.80 0.26 (1.26%)
Bahrain's Investcorp records $165m loss for 2019-20 financial year

06/08/2020

Bahrain’s Investcorp slipped into a $165 million loss for the 12 months ended June 30, against profits of $131 million a year ago.

The COVID-19 played its part in the loss, as fee income c

Gulf News

Aramex's revenue surges 4pc to $359m in Q2

06/08/2020

Aramex, a leading provider of logistics and transportation solutions, has registered a 4 per cent growth in its revenues for the second quarter which surged to hit AED1.32 billion ($359 million), com

Trade Arabia

Abu Dhabi's Waha Capital trims first-half 2020 attributable losses to Dh27.2m

05/08/2020

Abu Dhabi based investment company Waha Capital recorded a net loss of Dh27.2 million - attributable to shareholders - for the first six months of 2020, an improvement on the Dh124.38 million it rec

Gulf News

FAB issues Formosa bond globally

05/08/2020

First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB), recently announced the issuance of the largest-ever Chinese Yuan (CNH) denominated dual-listed Formosa bond globally, with a CNH 3.25 billion five-year issuance.

The Gulf Today

Etisalat to pay out Q2 interim dividends from August 11

05/08/2020

UAE's leading telecom services operator Etisalat Group has announced that the interim dividend of 15 fils per share for the second quarter will be paid out starting from August 11 through the First A

Trade Arabia